Cropped pants have made a huge come back in the past few years. We've seen them in a variety of different looks, from denim to comfy sweats to tailored work pants and beyond. They work great for any age and style and are uniquely versatile. We've used them a lot in our past and present collections and found that there is no limit to the different ways you can wear them. If styled the right way, you can create an outfit for any occasion. We put together 6 simple but great ways to get the most wear out of the cropped pants you already own. If you don't already have a pair, we suggest you shop around for one keeping the following tips in mind:
1. Wear your loose fitting cropped pants with a lightweight, silky tunic.
2. Include them in your work outfit by combining your cropped pants with a similar color/fabric blazer. Wear them with your favorite heels to give the outfit the appropriate business-attire feel.
3. Combine your knit cropped pants or cropped sweats with a more formal, loose blouse. The secret is to choose a blouse that is loose fitting and has a lightweight drape. In the style bellow, our pleated jersey knit cropped pants are combined with a beautiful cowl neck suede silk blouse creating an outfit that maintains it's comfort without being overly sporty.
4. Create the perfect balance of young and modern by wearing your more tailored cropped pants with a cropped top. Try rolling the bottom of each pant leg into a cuff for a more casual look.
5. Cuff the bottom of the pant legs and try pairing them with a monochromatic top. We love the white monochromatic look but dark blues and black will work just as well. We suggest you avoid a color scheme that is too pastel, as this can often be reminiscent of scrubs rather then a stylish outfit.
6. Cropped pants are not just for spring and summer. Style them with your heavier pieces for a great late-fall look. The beauty here is that any shoes work great in combination with this outfit. Try anything from your favorite high-heeled boots to your most comfortable flats.
A journey into our design process, sewing tutorials, fashion tips, and all the inspiring people and things we love.
Designer by trade and dressmaker at heart. I spend most of my days obsessing over new fabrics and daydreaming new ideas.
Executive Assistant &
Client Relations Manager
LEARN TO SEW BOX
MICROFIBER BEACH TOWEL
11:11 JACKET CONVERTIBLE TO BAG